South African Rotax Max Challenge series 2011
2010 Was another great year for Rotax karting, even bigger and better than ever worldwide! This is what you can look forward to in 2011:
- 2011 will see a SARMC series very similar to 2010.
- The point scoring system will be ‘fine tuned’ slightly to ensure fairness. 10% Regional, 60% Coastal Nationals and 30% from Final event. Regional point scoring caters for all regions and field sizes. One race will be dropped at the National final as well now to cater for mishaps.
- All SARMC classes remain the same for 2011 with the following exceptions:
- Maxterino 60 is awarded full Regional and National Status.
- The new Hero H1 chassis is allowed in Maxterino from 2011, in addition to the old Wild/All Kart.
- The age groups and weights are:
- Maxterino: Year of 8th, to year of 13th @ 105kg
- Mini Max: Year of 11th, to year of 15th @ 135kg
- Junior Max: Year of 12th, to year of 16th @ 145kg
- Senior Max: Year of 15th – @ 165kg
- DD2: Year of 15th – @173kg
- DD2 Masters: Year of 32nd – @180kg
- The tyres remain unchanged for 2011:
- Maxterino Bridgestone
- Junior and Mini Max - Mojo D2
- Senior Max, DD2 and DD2 Masters – Mojo D3
- The Bar coding Tyre Tracking System (TTS) introduced at the last National final and World finals, will be used at all Nationals and some regionals. This now enables quick checking to ensure tyres, chassis and engines used are all correct. Even the tyre batch and distributor can be checked!
- The SARMC National Rounds will be as follows:
- Cape Town
- Port Elizabeth
- Zwartkops (Final)
- In Gauteng there will be 4 SARMC regional events coinciding with Northern Regions championship events. All SARMC classes will race on the same days.
- All Rotax National events will be televised on Rapid Motion.
- There is an increasing demand for international competition. Due to Rotax’s unrivalled success internationally, here is a list of a few events open for South African drivers:
- Asian Cup – Malaysia
- Florida Winter Tour – United States of America
- Winter Cup – Spain
- Euro Challenge round 1 - Belgium
- Euro Challenge round 2 - Germany
- Euro Challenge round 3 - Denmark
- Euro Challenge round 4 - France
- Rotax Open World Final - Spain
- Middle East Kart Cup – Egypt
- Central European Trophy – Hungary
All of the above mentioned super-competitive events have highly respected titles as well as additional qualifying seats to the all important Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals.
The RMCGF is to be held in Al Ain (UAE) in November 2011. This event remains unique, as it is by invitation only. Qualifying drivers to the 2011 World Final will be supplied 252 brand new karts and engines as well as entries, tyres, fuel, tools, trolleys etc all provided free of charge by Rotax and their associate sponsors and distributors. There is no other series that offers such a prize!
We look forward to all of you joining us for another fun and competitive season of Max Karting in 2011, as well as welcoming all the new faces.